Welcome to the Federated Church website! We would love to see you in church, but if you can’t be here in person, we hope your worship of God can be helped by worship videos of Federated’s Sunday services.
I began serving as the senior pastor of Federated Church in May 2012. I love Federatedâ€™s history as a congregation of both the United Church of Christ and the Presbyterian Church (USA) and Federatedâ€™s commitment to serve its community and beyond. My favorite part of Federatedâ€™s mission statement is: We are called to offer extravagant welcome in the name of Jesus Christ.
I hope you’ll visit Federated Church and get to know all the great people who seek to serve God through the community in Christ.
Rev. Annika’s Quick Bio & Background:
Native of Des Moines, Iowa
Wife of Jeremy West, Mom of Vianne, and Foster Mom
To read a fantastic essay about what it is really like to be a foster parent, see what Kristin has to say: http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/2013/01/what-i-want-you-to-know-foster.html.
B.A., World History and Comparative Religion with Honors, Swarthmore College
Master of Divinity (M.Div.), McCormick Theological Seminary, Chicago, IL
McKay Theology Prize and 2nd Place Taylor Preaching Prize
Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Preaching, McCormick/Assoc. of Chicago Theological Schools
Award for Outstanding Thesis and Academic Record
Thesis: Preaching for the Nurture of Globally-Minded Christians, 2013
• Liaison to San Jose Parish in Usulutan, El Salvador through Presbytery of Des Moines, 1998
Bilingual (Spanish) Experience:
• AmeriCorps* VISTA Bilingual Family Worker, McKinley School, Des Moines, IA, 1998-99
• Interpreter – Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency and Medical Missions, 1999-2007
• Associate Chaplain at Macalester College in St. Paul, MN, 2001 to 2002
• Associate Pastor at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Minneapolis, MN, 2002-2012
• Senior Pastor at the Federated Church of Columbus, NE, 2012-present